Test 1 Job Description
PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION:
To effectively lead the marketing and communications team with positive influence and forward thinking. Responsible for the development and implementation of corporate marketing programs; graphic design; member engagement; product/services promotions; corporate legislative programs; community involvement; and public relations efforts.
- Implements the functions and activities of the marketing, communications, and public relations department to align with cooperative strategic planning, NDAREC, Minnkota Power, and national Touchstone Energy.
- Visionary leader for the Marketing & Communications team.
- Develops and maintains annual marketing, communications, and public relations strategic plan.
- Assists Vice President of Member and Energy Services with annual budgeting, crisis communications planning, and legislative and regulatory activities.
- Represents the company at public relation activities and events.
- Facilitates member only events including annual meetings, member meetings, Chamber events, Touchstone Energy events, trade shows, and Speakers Bureau.
- Oversees graphic design and content of corporate publications, including advertisements (national, state and local), internal/external newsletters, website, and social media.
- Provide a coaching style of supervision that promotes growth. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement plans to develop employees to reach their greatest potential.
- Must be willing to work after hours in emergency situations or as required; Must be accessible via prompt communication methods such as phone, text, and email.
- Performs other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Directly supervises Marketing and Graphic Coordinator, Multimedia Communications Coordinator, and Marketing and Communications Assistant. Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Marketing, or related field, six (6) years related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in strategic planning and budgets. Strong graphic design and media production experience. Must possess public speaking and presentation skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Normal office working conditions with regular office hours
- Must be willing to work after hours in emergency situations or as required
- Must be accessible via prompt communication methods such as phone, text, and email
- Annual salary range: $75,876 - $113,815
- Salary commensurate upon education, skills, and work experience
- Includes excellent, comprehensive benefit package
To apply go to https://kwh.com/content/careers by end of day December 5, 2018.
To apply, please submit your contact information, resume, and cover letter using the fields below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Cass County Electric Cooperative Inc is a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug tests and background checks.