Meet Director Tom Seymour
District 5 (West Fargo)
• Ph.D., Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
• M.A., University of North Dakota
• B.S., Mayville State University
• Professorships at Minot State University, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, and Murray State University
• Dean of Instruction at Ellsworth Community College and others
• North Dakota state senator (2002-2010)
Years of service:
Elected in 2017 (4 years)
Co-op board positions held:
• NRECA Electric Directors Advisory Group
• Alternate representative for NDAREC board meetings
• NRECA Board Leadership Certificate
• NRECA Credentialed Cooperative Director Certificate
Describe yourself in three words:
Driven to succeed
What motivates you?
Helping others succeed
What is your dream job?
Heading up a technology department
What advice have you received that was the most impactful?
Your family is a daily priority
What do you feel is the biggest strength of CCEC right now?
The cooperative leadership and its employees
What is your favorite part about being a CCEC director?
Showing leadership with new ideas and learning by attending various events and listening to member-owners