As your electric cooperative, we know how important it is for you to have power. That's why we have crews dedicated to perform diagnostic tests and maintenance of equipment before, during and after outages. But there may be more that goes into power restoration than you think. Watch the video to see what happens after your power goes out.
Outage restoration steps:
1. In situations where SCADA equipment notifies technicians of an abnormality, technicians ping meters to see which meters in affected areas are “talking back.”
2. Outage Management Systems (OMS) can help us pinpoint the location of the problem.
3. Inbound calls and app submissions alert us of an outage and help narrow down the scope of the outage.
4. The outage viewer is continuously updating as technicians, and linecrews work the outage(s).
5. Techs may remotely reroute (switch) power in situations where this is possible.
6. During business hours, crews immediately proceed to the outage. After hours, linecrews are contacted and proceed to our service centers to get their vehicles.
7. As soon as the outage is verified, text/e-mail outage notifications are sent to affected members.
8. Crews investigate the cause of the outage and work with Power Control to determine the safest course to restore power.
9. Line crews are on-site and completing repairs.