1) Avoid energy waste by using a
smart power strip to stop power
to devices when turned off.
2) No peeking! Use the oven light.
Peeking lowers temperature as
much 25 degrees.
3) Switch to LED Christmas
lights. They use 90 percent less
electricity than regular lights.
4) Keep lids on your pots when
cooking, and food cooks faster
and uses less energy.
5) If gifts require batteries, use
rechargeable batteries with an
6) Turn down the thermostat
when you have guests; the extra
bodies warm your home.
7) Open the blinds to let some
natural light in to avoid turning
8) Buy ENERGY STAR electronics.
They use up to 60 percent less
9) Programmable lights: you can
monitor light, electric use and
energy consumption from your
10) Take out all ingredients from
the fridge or freezer at the same
time to avoid continuously
opening it and wasting energy.
11) Bake several dishes at once to
avoid using energy to reheat
12) Unplug the TV, computer and
video games when on vacation.
They still use energy while