Beer cheese soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 cup flour
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 16 ounces Cheez Whiz
- 6 ounces beer
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- Croutons or popcorn
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute onion in butter.
- Add flour and blend over low heat until smooth.
- Add room-temperature broth.
- Add half and half, mixing until smooth and thick.
- Add Cheez Whiz and beer and stir until cheese is melted and thick.
- Add celery and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with popcorn or croutons.