- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fine egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- In a large sauce pan, heat butter, add onion, and saute over medium heat until golden.
- Add chicken broth, and heat to boiling.
- Gradually add noodles and salt and cook covered for 3 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Stir in broccoli and garlic and cook for four minutes more.
- Add milk, cheese, and pepper to taste and cook until cheese is melted.
- Do NOT boil.