30. Turn off coffee makers when not in use.
31. Use your refrigerator’s anti-sweat feature only if necessary.
32. Switch your refrigerator’s power-saver to “ON,” if available.
33. Clean refrigerator coils annually.
34. Regularly defrost refrigerator or freezer to avoid ice buildup.
35. Set the refrigerator temperature to 34o - 37o F and freezer temperature to 0o - 5o F
36. Unplug unused refrigerators or freezers. Recycle them if you do not need them.
37. Use microwave for cooking when possible.
38. When cooking on the oven range, use pot lids to help-food cook faster.
39. If you are heating water on the stove, use hot tap water instead of cold.
40. Remember to use the kitchen exhaust fan when cooking. Turn it off after cooking.
41. Use a slow-cooker instead of simmering foods on the stove.
42. If rinsing dirty dishes before putting them into the dishwasher, do so with cold water
43. Use cold water for garbage disposal.
44. Only run dishwasher when fully loaded.
We greatly value our connection to the members we serve. Follow us on social media to stay in-the-know on the latest energy-saving tips, community outreach efforts, power outages, cooperative news, promotions, and more!