54. Wash clothes in cold water. Use hot water only for very dirty loads.
55. Only do full laundry loads.
56. If you must do smaller loads, adjust the water level in the washing machine to match the load size, especially when using hot water.
57. Always use cold-water rinse.
58. Use bath towels at least twice before washing them.
59. Clean your dryer’s lint trap before each load.
60. Make sure the dryer’s outdoor exhaust door is not blocked or clogged.
61. Verify dryer vent hose is tightly connected to inside wall fitting.
62. Check that the dryer vent hose is tightly connected to dryer.
63. Minimize clothes drying time; use an auto moisture sensor on dryer if available.
64. Dry consecutive loads to harvest heat remaining in dryer from last load.
65. In hot weather, avoid running the dryer during the heat of the day.
66. Consider using a “solar-powered” clothes dryer: an old fashioned clothes line.
We greatly value our connection to the members we serve. Follow us on social media to stay in-the-know on the latest energy-saving tips, community outreach efforts, power outages, cooperative news, promotions, and more!